Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Will you trust me?

The past few weeks have been crazy busy for us. I have a lot to write about, but I can't fit it all in one post.

So rewind a couple of weeks to April 26th. On this day I turned the big 30.
Yes friends, I am officially 30 years old. I prefer to describe it as the first anniversary of my 29th birthday. But however you slice it, I am three decades old.


Hitting these kind of milestones make you reflect on what you have done so far in your life, and where you are going from here.
I know that I am so blessed to have my wonderful hubby who is on this amazing ride with me. Who would have thought that God would entrust me with these three awesome kids!
I still have questions though.

Am I doing everything that God has called me to, or have I settled into a rut?

Is God pleased with my life so far?

What does the future hold for me and my family?

This is a big one since we have just relocated to the Denver area, and started a whole new journey together.

God's question back to me is "Will you trust me?"

My answer is "Yes God, I will trust you."

"You have never left me or hurt me. You are my Father, and I am Your child. You know what is best for me, and You have a divine purpose for my life. You are never changing, the same yesterday, today, and forever. Always faithful and loving. I will follow wherever You lead me. I put all my trust in You."
It is a vulnerable place to be. Yet, I know it is the safest place I can be.

On a different note. My sweet hubby totally surprised me with a sweet birthday gift.

The only proof you can see is around my neck. The reason being the real thing is taking the picture. That is right. He got me a new camera. A Canon Rebel XS. I was so surprised. I have wanted one forever, and was totally not expecting it. Aren't those the best kind of gifts?

Now I have no excuses for not posting lots and lots of pics. So expect more, and I will do my very best to deliver. Now I just have to learn how to use it. :)

My verse for this season in my life is Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.

2 comments:

  1. I expect lots of artful photos of newspaper boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. Trust.

    I have a friend moving to Golden. She might need a mentor like you! Has a little girl and will not have family support. I'll pass her info on as I get it.

    You are going to come through this season as a beautiful diamond, girl! And we love diamonds!

    ReplyDelete