Monday, August 24, 2009

Felicity's Baptism

Yesterday my sweet little Felicity was baptized. It was such an awesome day. As her Mommy I can say that there is nothing quite as wonderful as watching your child make the most important choice that they they will in their whole life.

It is not what they will be when they grow up, or who they will marry. It is the choice to follow Jesus, and totally give their life and destiny over to Him. As I raise my kids to fear and love God, it is my deepest desire that they will each one come to this place in their life where they choose it for themselves.

Now I am praying for the strength and wisdom to guide her in this walk that she has chosen. I know with absolute certainty that God has an amazing plan and destiny on her life. I am honored to be His choice to walk her through it.

We bought her a new big girl Bible, and I bookmarked and underlined Jeremiah 29:11 for her as a proclamation over her life.
"For I know the plans I have for you,"declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

We celebrate all the important milestones is our kid's lives, birthdays, first day of school, graduations, marriage. To me this should trump all the rest. It determines not only their earthy destiny, but their eternal one as well.

Sommer

1 comment:

  1. It was an awesome awesome thing! Yeah Felicity! I have no doubt that God will use her for big things. So glad we got to witness this big day!

    ReplyDelete