Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lost Keys!

Okay, so I'm sure we all have at least one story of losing our keys. At least something of that nature right. Lately keys have been my nemesis. I have never had such a hard time keeping track of them. There are days when I think I am losing it truly.

Today I got up and got myself and the kids ready early because my oldest daughter Felicity had to go the the local public school to finish her CSAP tests. (Normally we home-school.) She needed to arrive there around 8:30, so we were all ready to go when I realized that my keys were not in my bag. At first I am like don't panic you will find them. After 10 min of looking and having the kids help they were nowhere. So I yep you guessed it panicked. Or as my observant 8 year old put it got angry and freaked out. I didn't have time to mess with it, so I grabbed everyone and we walked. More like ran.

Everything worked out perfectly fine, she was there on time and life was good. Not to mention the day was beautiful. My point in all of this is that what may seem like a bad situation can bring about unexpected good. I realize losing your keys is a minor problem compared to some. However, sometimes all the little things that can and do go wrong on a daily basis can get us so worked up and frustrated that we miss the goodness or beauty of God that is staring us in the face.

I pray that I will be able to look more often past the stress and trouble of each day to the message of hope and love that God has for me. Be it in a sweet breeze, kind word, or a ray of sun that was ment just for me from my Heavenly Father.

P.S. My keys are now found and safely tucked away in my purse/diaperbag. Just in case you wanted to know they were with my husband in Durango. They had apparently fallen out of my bag and got kicked under the seat of the car.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sommer! First of all, I am completely thrown off by the spelling of your name. Not how it was in my head. Secondly, just wanted to say hey!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sommer - Welcome to bloggy land! I had no idea you were a blogger now!! You go girl!!

    And just tonight I found the clothes I had mentioned before for your sweet baby boy!! I just had no clue where I put them?!? Now I found them...so I will bring them to you soon!

    Much love, Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny! Especially because Felicity is just like you! Glad you found the keys, and so much more glad that God used it for a little revelation! Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete